April 18, 2024, 09:23:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Revolution X, where Coding meets Graphics.

Home Help Search Arcade Affiliates Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

SMF Page

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SMF Page  (Read 2233 times)
shimmy shabby
Exclusive
Exclusive

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 07:36:13 pm »

In the first code you can see.

Code:
document.title=""+title+"";
I took that out in the second code. What it does is instead of making it the title of the whole page AND the title of the first box, it only makes it the title of the new box. If that makes sense

All that taking that out does is remove the Title, Example if you use IE, at the top it would have like SMF Page - Windows Internet Explorer, All taking out the document.title thing would do would be get rid of that

Yes, but if you have the original code, AND the tweaked code, the new code will add a box without changing the title from the original code. Sorry im not good at explaining XD
Lol, no im just not that good at comprehending, i edited my post if u noticed before u posted this =p probably were in the progress of posting this when i edited it though, lol.
Report Spam   Logged

@Everypme: Yea my days of sig chatting are over, it's just so hard to go to my profile, and edit my signature everytime i see a response. Actually, it isn't, but... I'm just that lazy
Spoken
Exclusive
Exclusive

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 07:38:03 pm »

Oh lol. I didnt see that before I posted XD
Report Spam   Logged

Exilis
Optimistic & Creative
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Linux User Combination
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2008, 08:04:20 am »

By the way, if you're going to use the webpage editor like Agent suggested, codes don't work on it most of the time. And java/flash things. It can get annoying. The editor simply doesn't recognize the stuff and deletes it. My suggestion is you disable JavaScript before going into the editor page, then you get a regular textarea because the editor is entirely JavaScript.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Mod, (sort of) at your service.

http://twitter.com/timothyaveni

Spoken
Exclusive
Exclusive

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2008, 08:07:26 am »

OOORRR you could just click the button in teh web editor that says "Veiw HTML source"

I think thats what it says
Report Spam   Logged

shimmy shabby
Exclusive
Exclusive

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2008, 12:22:22 pm »

Yea, put usually when your putting codes into the webpage editor, u usually don't have to because if there already in your headers/footers they'll be including in that page because the headers and footers are global. But, if u want to use a code just for that and u need to put it like in the footer or headers, thats what that little bottom section is for.
Report Spam   Logged

@Everypme: Yea my days of sig chatting are over, it's just so hard to go to my profile, and edit my signature everytime i see a response. Actually, it isn't, but... I'm just that lazy
Exilis
Optimistic & Creative
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Linux User Combination
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2008, 06:46:18 am »

That doesn't work, because the editor doesn't recognize JavaScript, so it takes it right out next time you start the editor.
Report Spam   Logged

Global Mod, (sort of) at your service.

http://twitter.com/timothyaveni

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: